As an open source project, you can freely download, modify or contribute to Rudder in compliance with open source licenses. Here is the list of our source code repositories.
Access source code
Contribution and licensing
We need a signed individual or entity CLA (Contributor License Agreement) before we can merge any code or documentation to RUDDER.
What is a CLA ?
Given the recent developments in the legal framework surrounding patents, copyrights and their use, we want to be very clear about what we give and wait in return before we can accept a contribution. We want to be able to evolve with all these legal issues, and be able to defend the project if something unpleasant happens, or simply if a contributor changes his mind. Prevention is better than cure!
- If you are making a personal contribution, here is the reference text to consult: individual CLA.
- If you are contributing on behalf of your company, consult this version: entity CLA.
In summary (but you should really read the full text, because it alone has legal value), you state that :
- your contribution is voluntary,
- your work is your original creation,
- you grant a copyright license for your contributions to Normation, the software publisher that develops RUDDER in the legal and administrative sense,
- you grant a patent license for your contributions to Normation,
- you are not required to provide support for your contributions.
The CLA does not take anything away from the open source character of RUDDER and your contribution, quite the contrary. More and more open source projects require one. In fact, they are beginning to be seen and accepted exactly as they are: a legal agreement that makes it possible to be clear today, and to prevent the possible problems of tomorrow, just like a license. Our text is based on the CLA provided by the Harmony Agreement Project. The HARMONY agreements are a community group focused on contribution agreements for free and open source software (FOSS).
Once the CLA has been registered and validated on our side, you will receive a confirmation email.
Thank you for your participation! ♡